A Virtual Assistant is an independent contractor who provides administrative services to a client remotely. But it’s much more than that, read on to discover how hiring a Virtual Assistant works.
As with all contractors, some Virtual Assistants (VA) specialise within certain fields whilst others offer a more generalised service.
Depending on what VA you use, you can use them regularly or on an ad-hoc basis.
Some of the benefits of using a VA include:
- You only pay for the time that they work on your task.
- They can work flexible hours.
- You don’t need to pay them employment benefits.
- They do not need office space.
Things to check when using a VA:
- If based in the UK, check that they are registered with the ICO
- Check what insurance they hold
- Review any testimonials, social media pages and, if they have a website look at the information given on there.
If you have any questions on how I can help you as a Virtual Assistant, please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org